Monday 7 March 2016

Top of the Pops

It was Mothering Sunday this weekend and that brought a mix of the old and the new. (How fortunate for someone joining in with Sian's Memorandum Monday.) We have a family tradition where my daughter makes my favourite lemon and mascarpone cake for Mother's Day
If you want to try some, better come quick as it won't last long!
And the new? Well, one of my favourite sweets is sherbet lemons, and look what Rachel found for me:

Oh my goodness, this is amazing, I don't know where she found it but I've never seen it locally. 

Moo-ving on ...

A puzzle for you:
Q:   What do my hands and a cow's udder have in common?  (Own up, none of you ever want to shake hands with me now)
A:   They both benefit from this brilliant skin moisturiser.


Have you ever heard of it?  It's called Moo Goo and it is wonderful.  A friend of mine raves about it and a new shop has opened in town who stocks the brand.  Firstly, let's appreciate the packaging - isn't it clever?  It looks like a box of milk.  Then let's consider the all natural products, none of those nasty artificial ingredients or things you could be allergic to.  Apparently it was developed after they discovered a rather brilliant way of keeping cows' udders in tip top condition.  All I can say is that after only 3 days of using it, my hands are soft and smooth as a cow's udder baby's bottom.  There is one drawback though, apart from all the cow related word play, (what heifer am I talking about?) it is irresistible to dogs.  Well maybe not all dogs, but certainly ours is driving me mad. 
So that's it from me, let's give a beautifully moisturised wave to Sian and see what everyone else has tried for the first time since we last met. 

12 comments:

alexa said...

Well, thst's two things I've learnt today and we're not even near the weekend! Lemon sherbet popcorn? Oh my ... That sounds very mouthwatering (and kinder on the teeth!). I'll be off google that moisturiser in a moment. Wishing you a happy, crunchy week.

helena said...

lemon sherbert popcorn sounds fantastic and love the idea of the hand cream - even the dog allure properties! have a great week

Ruth said...

Moo Goo??!! Great branding and clever packaging! Hope you enjoyed that delicious looking cake?

Sian said...

My hands are in a terrible state at the minute. They make me look like 104. So I'll be looking out for some of this. Thank you for the recommendation. Ditto the popcorn. It sounds delicious. Delicious enough to make me wonder that if I spot some would one bag be enough?

Glad you had a nice day yesterday. Have a great week

Patio Postcards said...

What a spring change to popcorn, lemon!! We have something here that is intended for cows but many people use on their face & hands, including famous singer Shania Twain. Our udder cream is called Bag Balm - definitely not as nice sounding as Moo Goo.

Sandra said...

My friend Jo raves about udder cream, it's meant to be great for psoriasis. I must order some

Sandra said...

Forgot to say ... Yes please to cake lol xxx

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

That cake sounds absolutely wonderful. I've had Portlebay popcorn before, not that flavour, and it was delicious. I think it cane in a Christmas hamper we were given. I remember the packet was just not big enough!

Cheri said...

I can't wrap my mind around the dog being attracted to the moisturizer... Sounds like a fun weekend!

Susanne said...

I'm in total accord with the first two, but I wouldn't want to tempt our dachshund so I'm going to pass on the Moo Goo.

Beverly said...

The cake looks delicious but I will pass on your popcorn! We've had the udder cream in our Walmart and drug stores for years but the brand is Udderly Smooth, catchy huh?! :)

Alison said...

I keep looking for these fancy flavoured popcorn here...sadly, no show as yet! Xx