Monday 28 March 2016

Memorandum Monday

Turning the tables

I thought that as it was a rather special weekend, it may be fun to give Sian's idea of sharing something we've learnt or tried for the first time since our last meeting a bit of a twist.  After all, I've learnt something momentous so it's only fair that you do too. 
 
So sit down, put your feet up and I'll begin ...

(Putting my feet up and showing off my finished socks)


We've recently been running some e-safety courses at the school where I work, reminding the girls that not everyone tells the truth on the internet.  Be wary of making new 'friends' on Facebook if you don't actually know these people in real life.  It got me thinking about how much you would learn about me if you only knew me on social media. ( I do tell the truth, in case you were wondering!) 
  • If you check out my Instagram account (Debs14) you'll see that I'm owned by a mischievous Cavapoo called Coco, I enjoy cooking and sewing, am partial to a G&T on a Saturday night, and enjoy trying out new crafts. 
  • If we are friends on Facebook, you will see that I will never get on the Bake Off programme as I am probably the messiest cook in town, my summer cocktail of choice is a Margarita or a Mojito, I work as a secretary in a school, I keep fit by letting Coco take me for a walk and going to Fitsteps classes, I enjoy meeting up with old school friends and love spending time with my family.  If you look at my photos you will see that my favourite holiday destinations are Italy and Portugal.  (You'll never see me advertising the fact that I'm at Stansted Airport about to embark on a week's holiday in the sun as I don't think it's wise to advertise the fact that my house will be empty for seven days, but you may see that I am sadly checking into a foreign airport on the day I'm coming home.)
  • On my blog you'll see a mix of all those things, and know that I enjoy joining in with postcard swaps, blog hops, Summertime Scavenger Hunts and friendship quilts. 

You haven't learnt anything new yet have you?  There must be something about me that you don't know, surely?  Well ... there may be one thing ...  On each of the above things you'll probably deduce that I have a husband, grown up 'kids' - a daughter of 29 and a son of 26.  But here's something very exciting that I've known for a little while and figure it's time to share ... I'm going to be a grandmother!  That makes me feel pretty old I can tell you!  My daughter is expecting a baby in September.  We're all very excited and our wish is that the dreaded morning all day sickness nausea would stop so that she could really enjoy the pregnancy.
 
So that's a fairly big thing to learn, I hope you'll agree!  But it doesn't quite fit the criteria that Sian laid down does it?  I'm supposed to share something that I learnt.  Well, there was one pretty big thing; on Saturday a 16 week scan detected whether the baby is going to be a boy or a girl.  On the scale of learning new things, I think that rates pretty high! So now we know.  What?  You want me to share?  Oh no, I think we've all learnt quite enough for one week, all will be revealed at a later date!

11 comments:

helena said...

congratulations all round - a new person to craft for!! Fab socks too. Have a great week

Cheri said...

Congrats! I don't follow you on Instagram, but I got all those little factoids from FB anyway. But the one new thing you shared today is sure a biggie!

alexa said...

Ah, many congratulations and welcome to the wonderful world of grannyhood! Hoping the sickness goes away soon - it is miserable :(.

Beverly said...

Oh yay!!!!! So excited for all of you! Love this post from start to finish :)

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Yay!!! That is really fun news to share, Grandma Deb! :o) I'm happy for you and also a little bit jealous! Wishing Rachel no more nausea very soon!!! xo

Sian said...

So exciting!! Huge congratulations all round! And much sympathy for the all day morning sickness. It is no joke. My MIL suggested canned peaches as a cure for me and they certainly did help when I couldn't face anything else. No idea why!

So much to look forward to..it's going to be an exciting time (and babies only need very small socks, so you'll be able to do hundreds..)

Patio Postcards said...

Congratulation to your family on the expect new arrival. Thanks for sharing all those little tidbits about yourself, I certainly learned lots of new things about you.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Congratulations to your daughter & your family! I'm looking forward to seeing what all you create for the new arrival1

Sandra said...

Oh my goodness what fabulous fabulous news. HUGE congratulations to you all. Xxxxx

Susanne said...

Oh congrats Granny-to-be! Hoping all goes well until the arrival of the new little one. I guess the next thing we will learn about you is how long you can keep a secret!

Alison said...

Oh I'm so pleased for you Deb...and of course for Rachel and her partner!! Will you be knitting tiny things now, as well as those impressive socks? xx