Monday 21 September 2015

Me on Monday

 

I'm giving a quiet little wave to Sian today.  Shh, let's try and be as quiet as we can as they may be nursing a few Guinness headaches after that 50 - 7 Rugby World Cup win over Canada  at the weekend ;-)
 ❖❖❖
As I sit here in the study typing this post all I can hear is the rain hitting the window.  How can weather change so quickly?  We had a weekend of last bits of sunshine, morning coffee in the garden 

Dogs getting stuck in places they had no right to be
That barricade is there for a reason Coco!
We even had apples falling out of the sky!  A sudden 'bump' and there in the middle of the lawn was an apple, a bird must have (ambitiously) tried to fly with an apple in its beak and dropped it mid flight.  It certainly made us jump!
In the evening, an Indian take always with friends. A mojito while we are waiting for it to be delivered? Don't mind if I do
I like the way the cocktail stirrer was a muscular man - in honour of the rugby!
And today

I've got home from work and someone can't understand why we aren't heading off on a walk.  Those puddles are a bit of a clue!

Time for a bit of blogging with a coffee and a Florentine - fantastic!  And before anyone wonders if that means I've fallen off the Slimming World wagon I  am happy to report that they only count as 5 syns!  So in theory, as I'm allowed up to 15 syns a day I could have three ...



10 comments:

helena said...

a muscular man in a mojito sounds good to me! We've got sun again - hope your rain has cleared too. have a great week

Sian said...

Haha..very funny :) We're going all the way, we're going to win..

Coco has such a wonderful range of expressions! I hope the rain clears up soon and you get the best of the rest of September

Louise H said...

We have a cat that knows he isn't allowed upstairs OR on furniture but seems to find his way to both. He doesn't seem to bother with his duvet and blanket filled basket though.
Have a super week.

Ruth said...

I hope you got out with Coco in the end ... it's been wet here since lunchtime.

Patio Postcards said...

I will quietly send some sunny thoughts your way. Hoping all the Ruby celebration heads are better. Barricades - just an opportunity to test navigation skills (lol).

Sandra said...

What a lovely weekend you had, and I'm keeping fingers crossed for this Indian summer the papers keep talking about

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

LOL - love the drink stirrer! Sounds like a great weekend. :o)

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Your florentines come from just down the road. Enjoy!

Maggie said...

I have a dog who looks like that when it is raining. Talking of the weather raining apples is a bit different.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, sounds like my team is terrible with a score like that! Oh well at least right now we have baseball (yeah Blue Jays!) - knock on wood. Isn't it amazing the places dogs find to get themselves wedged into? Brings back memories of our our old dog.