Thursday 7 May 2015

Lights, camera, action

I'm not a huge movie fan so this prompt from Cate was not so easy for me.
The first that came to mind was The Talented Mr Ripley.  It's one of the few films I've watched a few times.  Such a clever story line.
There's one film that has become a bit of a tradition to watch and heralds the start of the official Christmas period, and it's Love Actually.  I'm not a huge Hugh Grant fan but there's something about this film that has a feel good factor.
The film that has me imagining I could join in (although let's be honest it could just be the thought of dancing salsa with Patrick Swayze) is Dirty Dancing.  The dancing is so good and it's how I imagine I look when I'm doing salsa at my Fitsteps class on a Thursday night.  (I have a very good imagination)  Actually, let's have a bit of a sing along



Yes, that's exactly how I look at my class - of course it is ☺
The film that still gives me the creeps and meant that I could never buy Rachel a red duffle coat when she was little was Don't look now.  It's looking a bit dated now but when that little character turns round at the end ... goosebumps time.
So for my last choice.  I think I will choose Schindler's List.  What a story.  What a man. 
I'm sure as soon as I click 'publish' I will think of other ones I should have chosen but off the top of my head these are my top five choices.  What would yours be? 



7 comments:

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Oh, I love Dirty Dancing! It reminds me of college days. We watched it so many times I could (but I don't!) recite along with it. I found The Talented Mr Ripley very disappointing. I know a lot of friends liked it (could that have anything to do with Matt Damon and Jude Law, I wonder?) but it fell short for me. I love Patricia Highsmith's writing. The novel is full of menace and well worth a read, if you haven't already.

Sian said...

I always have time for a bot of Dirty Dancing!

My top five changes. But there is usually a Batman somewhere on the list

alexa said...

Alaways interesting to read what interests you, Fiona! Dancing always makes my heart sing :). I like Love Actually too!

Cheri said...

Couldn't agree more about Dirty Dancing (it's on my list too) - love me some Patrick Swayze hip action! Thanks for the video clip, got my morning moving.

scrappyjacky said...

I love Dirty Dancing as well....but probably my favourite movies would be Disney ones....I love so many of them.

Ruth said...

Love Actually and Dirty Dancing? Absolutely! Dirty Dancing reminds me of the summer I went to live in Germany (the year after the film came out), I saw it on video while babysitting and the soundtrack was all you could hear coming out of the WRAF blocks windows all summer long!
Favourite film ever: The Great Escape.

Susanne said...

I won't even admit to how many times I watched that movie back in the day - my hubby used to tease me mercilessly about it.