Monday 27 April 2015

Me on the last Monday in April

How did that happen? 4 months of the year gone already, crazy.
Did you have a good weekend? Did it fly by in the blink of an eye? Saturday was a day of finally getting round to those jobs we'd been putting off. For my husband, that final coat of paint on the walls of the study, for me, altering those new lounge curtains.  You see, for a procrastinator like me, the worst thing I could have done was to hang those curtains and pin them up to the right length. So they looked the right length, they looked like they hang nicely and only on closer inspection could you see that there were pins where stitching should be. Would anyone ever really get up that close to inspect them? It was such an effort to take them off the curtain pole, unpick the lining, alter the lining, stitch up the hem and re hang them. But it would have been more of an effort to get the paint roller out and help in the study, so I got the stepladder out and got to work. 
Out to dinner with friends in the evening, and despite a late night, I was still awake at daybreak on Sunday. Thank goodness (for many reasons) I wasn't running in the London Marathon! 
So today, Monday finds me visiting a poorly friend, and taking her some cute mini cupcakes to cheer her up .
Before I go, I'll be giving a wave to Sian and pop over to see what she's up to today. Fancy joining me? Come on, maybe we could pick up a few more cupcakes on the way!


7 comments:

alexa said...

What a kind thing to do, take cupcakes :). And although it sounds a bit of a faff sorting the curtains, you're probably glad it's no longer on your list?

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Your curtain comment is making me smile as I sit here looking at the curtains in my lounge. Hung to see how much needed taking up (not going to say how long ago!) and then deciding I liked the fabric pooled on the floor. It's fashionable....right?! You should definitely check out the Ginger skirt. My measurements matched exactly and the fit is really good with no adjustments needed. Thanks for your kind comment x

Sian said...

A cupcake sounds lovely!

I'm smiling and nodding about the curtains. I have a pair here at the moment with one re-hemmed and the other one..not. In our first house, my sister made us curtains and when I came back from honeymoon I pinned the hems up and..left them. At 22 I guess it didn't seem top of my list of things to do. cringe. But some years later when we moved, I needed that extra length and got another use out of them

Have a great week

Cheri said...

Okay, I'm nodding along because I TOTALLY understand - it's not a curtain. It's a steel support pole in the basement wrapped in foam and covered in fabric. And it looks so good - seriously who is going to notice that the fabric is pinned in place??? It has been that way going on two years... Doesn't it feel good to have the curtains done? Now that pole is going to be on my mind...

Ruth said...

Well done on the curtains, that's not something I would ever attempt! And I'm sure your poorly friend was delighted with the cute cupcakes.

Susanne said...

Those will put a smile on her face. This is my second encounter with mini cupcakes this weekend. I popped a Mint Julep one into my mouth yesterday - it was fab.

Sheena said...

How lovely x taking cupcakes to a friend.
I can sympathise about the curtains - I have a sewing pile in need of my attention requiring minor work but still not getting done!!