Monday 3 November 2014

Hey ho, hey ho

It's off to work we go ... So with that image of 7 dwarfs on their way to work in the mines, little old me went back to work after half term.  It seemed like I had been away a long time and spent all morning just dealing with emails.  Back in the old routine! 
 
How's your Monday?  I'm trying to stop myself from doing this ...
... too often.  We only had one batch of trick or treaters round on Friday and we had a surplus of sweets.  I don't seem to be able to resist taking something out of the bowl every time I walk past it!
 
The weekend was literally a 'game of two halves' here.  Saturday was glorious and Sunday was cold, wet and miserable.  Once again we extended the weekend by starting it on Friday with a lovely day in sunny Cambridge, receiving another friendship quilt block, amusing the postman by receiving a package for my son labelled 'To the Master of Everything and Fool to no one' and then it was a weekend of trying out a new Italian restaurant in town, drinks at friends to christen their new conservatory, trying to decide on paint colours for redecorating the dining room, eating left over halloween sweets, cooking a full on roast beef Sunday lunch with all the trimmings, snoozing in the armchair after dinner while the men of the family watched the football (Spurs won, so happy faces in our household), being relieved that the right person got voted off Strictly Come Dancing, reading books and mentally preparing myself for returning to work after 10 days off.
 
So that's Me on Monday.  An idea from Sian.  Pop over to see her and try and work out why someone who's the same height as me is going shopping for extra long jeans!


7 comments:

Sian said...

Sounds like there was some good stuff in that weekend. I think I might send TTO an envelope addressed like that just to see what he says!

The jeans? she's growing again. I was walking along behind her the other day and I just had to ask her what it felt like to have a behind that was so far off the ground lol

Have a good week!

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

We have the same surplus of sweets here. The sugary, chewy kind I have no problem resisting. The mini bags of chocolate buttons are another matter entirely!

scrappyjacky said...

Luckily no sweets here....or I'd be sorely tempted.

Sandie said...

Busy weekend Deb and I know what you mean by the sweets.... I don't touch them unless they are on view then I have to pick!! Hope back to school goes well... at least it is countdown to (dare I say) Christmas :)

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

We just have the sweets the boys collected. And mostly those are things I don't like so it's all good.

Alison said...

Hope you've had a good week Deb...I'd have no probs with the lollies, but chocolate would be another matter altogether! Xx

Susanne said...

Lots of interesting stuff here, but I am most intrigued by the post as well.