Monday 25 August 2014

Me on Monday ~ 12

I hate to sound like a textbook Brit by moaning about the weather but honestly, if you could see outside my window at the moment you would understand why. It is pouring with rain. It is cold. It is wet. It is miserable. Which is why this is a picture of what I am doing this Bank Holiday Monday.
Yes, that is the heating controller in the kitchen. Yes, my finger is very close to the Advance Heating Boost button. Yes I was about to press it.  Then common sense kicked in, and I thought 'no way am I going to put the heating on in August. Get a grip woman, go and put a thicker jumper on.' 
We went out to the shops this afternoon to buy some new picture frames with a view to having a small 'picture wall' in the lounge and my husband is currently putting in picture hooks and I am (supposedly) printing off some photos from our recent holiday to put in the frames. One of us has got sidetracked.  Oops, that would be me! 
 
The weather is a real shock to the system as we had a good weekend and you kind of assume that it will stay that way.  It was the last weekend here before our son returns from Edinburgh; our daughter was on a surprise birthday weekend away with her boyfriend, so it was the calm before the storm of having all four of us living under the same roof again.  We still managed to fit in a meal out with friends, back here for drinks afterwards kind of Saturday, followed by a Mother-in-law for lunch, Spurs winning 4-0, making the most of them being top of the league, long dog walking, one more Breaking Bad episode kind of Sunday.
This is the last week of school holidays so it is back to work for me next Monday.  Prepare for a more sulky Me on Monday next week!
 
Me on Monday.  Another great idea from Sian.

10 comments:

Sian said...

Yes, you can see in my picture I have an actual woolly jumper on today. It's freezing here! No holiday here, but we are trying to do a few before we go back to school activities. We just made bread with beer as a raising agent.

Have a great week!

Alison said...

Enjoy the last week of your holidays....we are enjoying amazingly good weather up in the NW of Scotland!
Alison xx

Abi said...

Enjoy your last week Deb. My family too are gearing up for the start of term again. We put our AGA back on this weekend. I can't believe how cold it has got! I was hoping to reserve the wooly jumpers for when I was back up in the North!

Anonymous said...

We went out for a walk today in torrential rain and I have had a fleece on all day! Not your average August weekend.

scrappyjacky said...

It's certainly a typical Bank Holiday!!

Susanne said...

Oh, I'd take a bit of that cold weather over here. Enjoy your bank holiday - we have a three day weekend at the end of this week.

Jo.C said...

We gave in and put the fire on last night. Shockingly it was OH that suggested it. Making the most of the blue sky now :)

Ruth said...

Don't tell, but I did actually put the heating on for an hour or two yesterday! And today, it is still raining and I am wearing my boyfriend jeans for the first time in months!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Our August has been glorious!!! Wonderful sunny days around 80F, with occasional rainy days good for keeping things sufficiently watered & the humidity down. Normally August is in the mid 90sF, and 95% humidity with no rain in sight. Just endless heat & humidity. It's darn near pre-fallish weather!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

It will be a while before we turn our heat on, that's for sure. I hope you are enjoying your final week of freedom, Deb! xo