Thursday 27 March 2014

Let's sit and have a cup of tea

Here we are again, these months are flying by aren't they? Tea or coffee, which would you prefer?
Your timing is good,I made these Greek Easter shortbreads yesterday, tell me what you think and let me know if you can guess what is in the middle. 

I learnt the recipe at last week's cookery club and I think they are a winner. Little balls of pistachio shortbread wrapped around a chewy chocolatey centre. What makes it chewy? Well the secret ingredient is not something I like but I have to admit that it is a success. Dates. Just 3 but they just add a little texture to the chopped chocolate.
I've had a busy sewing month, see those two colourful cushions?
 They were designs I found in the Love Patchwork magazine. Whilst I loved the cathedral window design, a cushion cover is quite large enough, I would never manage a whole quilt!  I've also recovered the seat cushion on the Ercol rocking chair. Time to start on the next friendship quilt block.  Deb Turtle's up next! What have you been creating since we last got together? 
I can see you have noticed the Wii fit is out in the lounge. Do you have one?  According to ours, in the 1120 days since I last used it (oh the shame) I have got less fit and more heavy.  Oops.  Time to put both those things right. Maybe I should step away from those shortbreads! Oh my goodness, it's not long until Easter either which always involves a bit of chocolate here and there. Willpower, where are you? 
 
And once again time has flown by and it is time for you to leave to pop over to Abi's and see who else is inviting you to join them for a cup of tea.
 
 



14 comments:

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Those biscuits look delicious and I love dates. Your patchwork is beautiful. I don't think I would have the patience for a cushion cover in the cathedral window style, let alone a quilt!

Ruth said...

The cathedral window cushion is fabulous! And those Easter shortbreads look interesting.

Abi said...

Those biscuits sound so yummy. Do you have a recipe? That cushion cover had be grinning when I saw it on instagram. Perfect. It looks so professional. I am excited to be at home and back with my sewing machine! Thanks for sharing tea and yummy biscuits with me today Deb.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I love your cushions (throw pillows) Deb, and I am so excited that my quilt block month is up next! :o)!!!

Your Easter biscuits (cookies) sound amazing - I LOVE dates so I'd be good with them all the way around.

Amy said...

Those cushions are brilliant Deb and I LOVE the biscuits. I've made a couple of things with dates and chocolate and I think it is an excellent combination!

Sian said...

yep, I think a Greek shortbread would go down a treat! Thank you. It's always good to see what you have been creating too. The months are slipping by quickly for the friendship quilt aren't they?

Cheri said...

The throw pillows are gorgeous and yes, I am partial to the cathedral windows. Can't blame you about limiting the size though!

scrappyjacky said...

Those cushions look wonderful...but I know what you mean about cathedral window.

Robyn said...

I love that pillow!!!!!

alexa said...

I especially like that diamond one - you are so talented! Those biscuits sound wonderful ... I am echoing Abi's request for,a recipe :).

Sinead said...

YUM! Thank you so much for the biscuits - I would also love to try them if you have a recipe! Your sewing is just beautiful. Well done :D

ally said...

thank you for the tea and biscuits. I loved seeing your cushions, I wish I could sew lol

Jane said...

thanks for the chat, those cushions are gorgeous x

Missus Wookie said...

New cushion patterns and new recipes - always so fun to try out new things. I like the colours you've used for your cathedral windows - so pretty!