Tuesday 4 June 2013

Left to my own devices

I always arrive at the EK crop with more 'stuff' than I intend.  You see the first half of the day is where we do our own thing, and the second half is a taught class.  Every month I think to my self - this time I am going to travel light.  I will pick two photos max, get some ideas for a layout, gather the papers I need and a few embellishments, a sheet of alphas and my bag of essentials like glue, cutting board, paper cutter etc.  And every month I end up taking ALL my alphas, a big box of plain cardstock, a large variety of patterned papers and the last 20 photos I had printed.  I stumble through the door, overloaded and don't use half of what I've taken.  It's a bit like taking hand luggage only on a short flight.  Too much 'just in case' bits get thrown in at the last minute.

I knew that I wanted to use this photo of Coco sunbathing and that it fitted perfectly with the papers I recieved in the last Scrapagogo kit.  I love the peach/blue/grey combination.  We had moved all our conservatory furniture out into the garden on the day we had a new carpet fitted and Coco took up residence on the sofa in the sunshine.  What a princess that dog is. 

I also wanted to do a layout from when Rachel ran the 10k Race for Life.  The colours for this race are predominantly hot pink so that helped me decide on cardstock.  I'm trying to get out of the habit of always using a plain background sheet.  I also managed to use a button and a cut out of a bird on a branch that was part of my 'swap of small things' package.

Meanwhile, great excitement as Rinda announces this year's Scavenger Hunt! Pop on over there and join in, you won't regret it.

No comments: