Saturday 8 September 2012

Catching up

Amazing how a few days away can make it take a long time to get back in the old routine and catch up on what you've missed!  I've been updating my LNED printables:
Plus, I have caught up on the challenges and suggestions on the Organised Housewife 20 Days decluttering and tidying site.  My house has never looked so clean and tidy (in places).  I like the fact that we are only doing bits of a room each day as tackling the whole kitchen in one day would have put me off completely!  But I have to say that it is a really worthwhile project for me and I have already changed a few of my routines which are leading to a much simpler way of doing my housework.
Going back to work was hard.  Six weeks off sounds great but it's oh so hard to return after all that time and after a day, my head was reeling, my shoulders had that tense muscular ache in them, and my empty academic diary was starting to fill up.  Still, only six weeks until our half term week off .....
Enjoy the sunshine this weekend!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Your printable cards for LSND look good. I only have a few done so far so I'll be doing catch up this weekend.

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love your LSNE cards - the distressed feel really appeals to me. I'm also enjoying the Organized Housewife challenge, although I'm a day behind. Still need to tackle the bedroom.
Rinda

humel said...

Great use of the printables :) And lol at what you say about the Organised Housewife! The Doctor is due home after a work trip away this week - he won't recognise the kitchen, living room or main bedroom, but oh my gosh, the contrast with the other rooms in the house...

Anonymous said...

Love you LSNED and I cannot manage a tidy house, in fact when it gets bad I have to take a day off work to tackle it.

Sian said...

You enjoy that sunshine on those shoulders too :)

TSO took me in hand over the summer and together we tidied up the kitchen. Even moved the stuff into different cupboards - I'd never have managed it without her

Kirsty.A said...

Good to see someone else using the printables. I really like them. Good luck with the first week back.I've been back at college for 2 weeks, but teach my first class tomorrow - hate the slow lead-in in SEptember. This is a 16 week term