Thursday 16 August 2012

Jubilee

I thought it was about time that I made a layout with the photos taken around the time of the jubilee, because if I don't do it now, they will languish on the hard drive of the computer never to see the light of day.  Seemed a good opportunity to do sketch 15 of my 28 Days of Sketches!
We had gone to our friend's for dinner and hadn't realised that she was going to have a red white and blue theme to the evening.  Well, apart from the paella (they cook the most amazing paella and it's now the official start to summer when we are invited round for paella night!).  Her desserts are fantastic and she had made a red white and blue panacotta with strawberries, raspberries and blueberries and a pavlova with the same fruits.  Thankfully I was wearing a loose fitting dress so was able to totally indulge in a 'little bit of everything'!  Even her flowers were red and white peonies in a blue vase - very co-ordinated.

6 comments:

Abi said...

sweet page and wow! how coordinated is that with the food!

scrappyjacky said...

I love how she themed it,Deb....a lovely page to remember the evening.

Alison said...

Lovely LO Deb....I have to confess to never having tried to cook Paella!
Alison xx

Maria Ontiveros said...

I like the group of square photos.
Rinda

Amy said...

I like the group of square photos too - but am most impressed with what looks to be the layered panacotta - wow!

Beverly said...

I do love a themed party, looks like a great start to summer :)