Monday 18 June 2012

Unexpected hospital stays

Well, here I am blogging from my hospital bed! Argh!!! Things just keep going wrong.
I had a horrendous nose bleed last night and our local A&E could not stop it so I am now residing at another hospital about 45 mins from home. I am in a ward where I am the youngest by 20 years or more and the time is dragging. Wish I'd brought penguin for some light relief!
Tomorrow I see the consultant to have the packing removed and hopefully they can cauterise. The family have just been to visit and now I feel quite down that they've gone home and I'm still here. Every time the nurses approach me with the blood pressure machine I get a panic on and my readings are pretty high, suspect I may be visiting my GP re that once I am home.
Meanwhile, I'm planning an escape route!

11 comments:

Sian said...

Oh, Deb! What can I say? I hope you make an escape very very soon. Have some virtual Grapes and lucozade xx

Jo.C said...

It never rains but it pours. Get well soon and hugs from here xx

Cheri said...

I've been in the Emergency Room many times for nosebleeds, but never had to be hospitalized. Hope they get it fixed up right this time and you can go home soon. Hospitals are NOT fun (says she who just spent a morning in the E.R. with abdominal pain and was sent home without a diagnosis...grrr).

Get Well!

Lou said...

oh no...wishing you well xx

scrappyjacky said...

Oh no,Deb.....advanced escape plans are in the post to you.
P.S. at least you can still blog!!

Denise said...

Don't know what happened to my post.I hope you manage to get some sleep tonight and that they hurry up and get you sorted. Lots of love from us - Denise x x x

Beverly said...

Hope you are on your way in the morning. Hospitals are soooo boring unless you are so sick you unfazed by it. # trips tot he Er in the last 5 weeks and I was smart enough to throw my Kindle in the bag on the last trip. Good luck getting fixed up!

Alison said...

OH Deb! Couldn't believe it when I read this...hope you get out tomorrow and don't need to use the escape plans!
Alison xx

Amy said...

Oh this is too much! I hope your nosebleed and blood pressure are under control very soon - then I am booking you on a trip to a tropical island where you can relax for the next month ... I will join you! Take care Deb xx

boysmum2 said...

Oh bummer but happy planning for the escape route

Ginger said...

that's crazy Deb! Here's hoping you are outta there in no time :)