Wednesday 7 March 2012

Week 9

Believe it or not I am still keeping up with 365+1.  You want proof?  Here it is ...
I found that some of the prompts last week were hard to find inspiration for, but I'm happier with the ones we had so far this week.
It's my day off today and it's well timed as Ofsted are in today.  They'll still be in when I go back tomorrow but the first day of an Ofsted inspection is always the worst!  Their inspectors must think that all schools smell of polish and fresh flowers as believe me, our cleaners have been working their little socks off since we had 'the call'.  I bet everyone is dressed in their Sunday best to make a good impression! There'll be freshly made chocolate chip cookies in the staff room at lunchtime today I bet ...
So to share some good news here, regular readers will know that my husband was made redundant last year and had been unsuccessful in finding another job.  At 54, he felt that he was 'on the scrapheap'.  However, on March 1st he started a new venture and is now self employed and offering various services to a local estate agent.  He is doing inspection visits of rental properties, measuring sale properties and producing floor plans for their website and photographing sale properties.  It's not full time and it won't bring in anything like his past salary but he is busy and happy to be out there doing something again.  They have 3 local branches and they seem to have a lot of work to pass his way at the moment.  So who knows how it will pan out but for the moment, things are looking a lot brighter in that direction.
My niece gave birth to a baby boy on Saturday.  Yesterday I went round to meet my great-nephew for the first time and will warn you in advance, their may be several layouts of baby Jacob in the near future!
It was my son's 22nd birthday on Monday.  Twenty two.  Where have the years gone?  Seems hardly any time at all since I was holding him as a new born baby.
Right - off to check what my photo prompt is for today!

7 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

So pleased to hear about hubby's new venture,Deb.....good luck to him.

Sian said...

That's fantastic! If he lived a bit closer I'd be able to find him work in that line. Give him some myself, too. Very best of luck with the new venture

Alison said...

Great news about hubby..hope it works out well for him! Looking forward to some baby LOs
Alison xx

Cheri said...

Congrats! That's both for hubs new venture and the birth of Baby Jacob. Sounds like things are looking up in your neck of the woods.

boysmum2 said...

I so wanted to be a part of 365+1 but have never found the time, maybe next year I will find something like that to achieve. This year it has to be my studies I achieve instead oh and maybe a little stitching along the way. Roll on winter when you can close the curtains, turn up the heater and stitch all evening. Congrats on being a new great aunt, I am one and love it

Amy said...

Brilliant news Deb! I am so pleased for you husband - I hope things go very well for him!

Anonymous said...

Lovely, lovely news both the new job and the new baby xxx