Friday 9 December 2011

Calendar Girl

There were three classes at the crop last weekend and the final one was by the very talented Anne Freeman who had designed a calendar that fitted into a cd case.  Such a clever idea and just what I needed for the new year.  Here is the cover:

And here is what it looks like when open:
Here are the 'odd' months:
And here are the 'even' ones:

It was made out of squares of Basic Grey 'Out of print' paper and I absolutely loved making it.  It is so nice to have a personalised calendar to have on my desk.
The circle on the cover page was stamped onto one of the sheets, and I believe that the date grids are simply  downloaded as a Word document.  Simple but oh so effective.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

The calendar looks so lovely completed - I am hoping to finish mine at the weekend, along with the 9 JYC pages I have yet to make!

Cheri said...

and so pretty! I've been looking at a lot of different templates to make something similar, but haven't taken the plunge yet.

Amy said...

I really like calendars, this is a great idea Deb!

Sandie said...

Your pages look lovely, Deb. Still to finish mine!

scrappyjacky said...

What a great project,Deb....and so useful.

Sian said...

That's a very clever idea indeed

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oh, Deb, I love this calendar! You're right - it will be a nice addition to your desk. Thanks for sharing it here. :o)

Alison said...

What a great idea...TFS!
Alison xx

Scrappi Sandi said...

What an amazing project! I love the cover & that it sits so neatly open. Such a simple design but the fact that it's practical & involves a bit of recycling...it wins my vote! TFS! :)

Beverly said...

Clever calendar idea, your paper choices look great :)

humel said...

This looks fabulous - as did the other projects that I didn't have time to comment on!

Cheryl said...

What a fab idea Deb love it x

Ann Freeman said...

Lovely to see your project completed and you get to enjoy it for a full 12 months too! Thanks for taking my class x