Sunday 28 August 2011

Learning something new {again}

One of the first classes I took with Shimelle was Learn Something New Every Day, and that was back in 2008.  Every year since, I have seen the email notifying me that the class is due to start in September but have decided not to do it again.  I really enjoyed it first time round and this year for some reason, I feel the time is right to re-visit the class.  So I am counting down the days to September starting so that I can get going again.
Once again I find myself with the dilemma of which size album to use, what papers etc etc and I know that the minute I make a decision and start, I will look at the forum and see what other people are doing and wish I'd done something different.  But for the time being (and I still have a few days to change my mind) I'm going to go for 8 x 8.  In theory it will work well if I am using a 6 x 4 photo and won't be too big to fill if I go for just journalling and embellishments.  Last time I did 6 x 6 but sometimes felt it was just a bit too small if I was including a photo.  However, I still have a few days to change my mind so watch this space ... I'm also going to try and be organised and have my base papers all cut to size so I can just add things on a daily basis easily.
Are any of you signed up for the class?  If so, what size album are you using? 

9 comments:

Sian said...

I might do tags or cards this year - something little and achievable I think! It'll be good to see you there

Jennifer Grace said...

I'm doing the class again this year as I loved it last year. I'm making a kind of 'smash' book, using covers from an old ladybird book and filling it with kraft and patterned papers. I shall be blogging it Tuesday I hope. X

Anonymous said...

I am doing the class for the 3rd year running! Doing digi 4 x 6 again and printing them out and sticking them together to make the book.

Anonymous said...

Third time for me. Will be going digital - still not sure if I'll print it or have it printed in book form...I've got some free credits.

scrappyjacky said...

Not sure if I'm going to do it yet...but will venture into the forum to take a look....and make a decision.

Alison said...

Signed up for the first time and now realised I have houseguests for all but 8 days in September....am going to (try to)keep up by daily Blog posts and then create something when I have time!
Alison xx

Ginger said...

I signed up Friday! My first year and I like how some of you are talking about what you are planning to do as I can't get into the board yet. So it's helpful to know I should be planning an album size.

I laughed at your comment about your daughter! How great to have a hairdresser in the family and very adventurous of you to let her practice on you :)

Cheri said...

I have tons of room left in last year's album... so IF I do this, it will be 4x6 - either totally digi and just printed out at home, or possibly mini layouts with some mixed media art if the mood strikes.

alexa said...

As yet, haven't decided. Whatever it is, it will need to be very simple!