Saturday 16 July 2011

There was a slight delay

... but I finally finished the other layout that I started at the crop last weekend.  It's a perfect day for scrapbooking today, despite the fact that it is mid-July, the temperature has dropped, it's pouring with rain and really windy.  It's 3 in the afternoon and I am seriously thinking about putting some lights on as it is so dark outside.  What a perfect excuse for staying in and getting the glitter and glue out!  
This layout was one that Karen Moss designed for the ATDML cyber crop a few weekends ago.  I wasn't able to join in on the actual weekend, but printed off a few of my favourite pages to work on when I had the chance.  I've had this photo of my Mum and Dad in an envelope in my crop bag for ages now, it was taken around the time of my Dad's 70th birthday, about 5 months before he died so it holds special memories.  it's nice to finally have it on a page to go in the album.
I've just had my Sarah's Cards kit delivered and it is just so beautiful. Check it out here!  The photo doesn't do it justice, the paper with the little birds on is textured and the little birds are raised up and glossy - so pretty.  And the little pennants on the tiny sticks ... am slightly worried that I love it all so much I won't want to cut it up and use it!  
We have suddenly remembered that we have a party to go to this evening.  We were invited about 6 months ago and although it was put in the diary, about 2 months ago they changed the date and we forgot to alter the diary.  I was still thinking it was next weekend.  We were just sitting in the conservatory and my husband suddenly had a 'light bulb' moment when he said "I think tonight is the night of the party" so instead of that quiet night in, settled on the sofa with a bottle of wine and a film, we have to brave the elements, find our way to somewhere in the middle of the countryside where we haven't been before and be sociable.  I know we will enjoy it when we get there but at the moment, it's hard to get the enthusiasm!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm sure you'll have a lovely time, as sometimes when you're not looking forward to something it often turns out to be the best of times. I'm also loving the layout, you're right it was the perfect day for crafting

Alison said...

Sorry to hear Summer has left you again..enjoy yourself tonight!
Alison xx

Scrappi Sandi said...

Wasn't the rain relentless today...& the wind too??!!!!! Glad you put the day to good use to create that stunning LO...just gorgeous!! Hope you have a fab time at the party & get there (& home again) without getting lost!! :)

Ginger said...

I love that type of weather for scrapping, sounds like the perfect day! The flowers on your layout are fun and I love the patterned papers. I have a party to go to this afternoon and really would rather stay home and relax, hope your evening was a fun one :)