Wednesday 6 April 2011

3 x 4 x 6

No don't worry, this isn't turning into an arithmatic lesson - trust me, adding up and messing about with numbers is NOT my strong point!  We're into the third month of Shimelle's 4x6 Photo Love classes and this month we had to fit three 4x6 pictures into a layout.  So, just when you thought you had seen the end of the photos I took at the Cologne Christmas Markets in November ....
Normally I would think that this was all a bit 'busy' but you know what?  I kind of like it!  It suits the photos and it sums up the fun and festivities of the markets.  Instead of using 3 identical motifs by the title I decided to use up the last of the little tags that I bought with a Christmas theme to them.  I don't often take three photos to make a sequence of shots for a page, but I'm thinking that I ought to do it more!

Now even with my poor grasp of maths, I can see how three 4" wide pictures will fit perfectly onto a 12 x 12 page, but I'm wondering how we are going to get along with four pictures next month (cannot begin to get my head round what we will be up to by December!).

11 comments:

Cheri said...

I think by December we'll be stacking or collaging photos. You can completely cover a 12x12 page with five 4x6 photos (3 horizontal, 2 vertical or vice versa) but there isn't room for 6 with all of them fully showing!

Beverly said...

The layout looks great! Can't wait to see what ya'll are doing the last half of the year with those 4x6s :)

WendyB said...

Great take on this months layout. It will be interesting to see the second half of the year as Cheri and Beverly point out.

Ruth said...

This looks fab. I've been watching Shimelle move along with this project, but haven't joined in yet. You've inspired me. Thanks!

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love what people are doing with these prompts, an I'm going to use the sketches at the next crop I attend.
Rinda

Anonymous said...

It's lovely to have a bit of Christmas in April - you can never get too much Christmas in my view. Love what you have done with the sketch.

scrappyjacky said...

I yet again have christmas market envy seeing your page....and the layout is great.....I like sequences of photos.

Cheryl said...

Great LO love the photo's and me too is envious x

Scrappi Sandi said...

Phew...just caught up!! The floral 12x12 bag is gorgeous...had a chucle at your 'Scrappers' floor tiles!!...looks like you had an amazing, & well deserved, Mothers Day...Love what you did with the three 6x4's & cannot wait to see how 12x6x4 will look too!!! Have a great weekend!! ♥

humel said...

72 :-)

This looks so lovely, I've just been saying on Denise's blog that I need to get on and use these sketches!

You can get 6 4x6 photos on a 12x12, but they'd completely cover the page. I'm wondering if we'll be doing some overlapping? Or hinging? Or moving onto double layouts for the second half of the year?

JulieJ said...

These 4X6 photo layouts are ace - I'm already working out how best to combine February and March to get 5 pictures taken on the same day into a double page LO.