Sunday 6 March 2011

Layouts are a bit like buses …

… you wait for ages for one and then three turn up at once!

It was the Eclectic Keepsakes crop yesterday and it was a special one too, the official 1st birthday.  So not only did we have cupcakes 

Cupcake

But it wouldn’t be a birthday without birthday cake

cake Excuse the odd angle of the photo, the paparrazi were out in force and being only 5’ 1” I got pushed to the back of the crowd.  What you can’t see in this photo is the wonderful top of the cake which had the official Eclectic Keepsakes logo printed on it.

There were also presents

P1020335

Karen gave us all a little package all wrapped in tissue paper and in it was a stamp to use on anything we make at the crop.  How cute is that?!

I must have eaten and chatted less than I normally do as I managed to get three (yes you read that correctly, THREE) layouts done.  First of all one that will be used for this month’s ‘6x4 Photo Love’ over at Shimelle.com

twenty one As yesterday was my son’s real 21st birthday it seemed appropriate to use his photos for a layout made on 5th March.  It was lucky that this month’s kit from Sarah’s Cards included a key and a lock which is just made for a ‘Coming of Age’ layout isn’t it?  Papers are from the same kit and how much do I love that fabric rose ribbon?  Then, every crop has it’s sketch challenge and so for that I did this layout

daughter

By now it was lunchtime and then we had the main event…. Denise’s class!  It was a fab layout and it was amazing to see how different it looked by people using different pictures.  It really was a layout that you could adapt in so many ways.  I used colour photos but it worked really well with black and whites too and some people had used one large landscape photo instead of 2 portrait and that looked really good too.  By the end of the class I was covered in glitter from the papers but I figure that going home covered in glitter and glue is the sign of a good day scrapbooking eh?  So here is the final layout -

italy It really was a brilliant crop.  Happy 1st  Birthday Eclectic Keepsakes and may there be many more!

9 comments:

Sian said...

I so wish we had something like your crop round here - it always looks like a very very enjoyable time is had by all. A productive time, too, by the looks of it! That little stamp is really cute, so will you be watermakrking all your crop layouts now?

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds like a wonderful crop,Deb....and very productive as well.

Coley said...

debs you did so well to get three LO's done. I only managed only to shuffle round some card. I did manage to get covered in glitter though!

humel said...

Mmmm, cake....

Sorry, got distracted for a moment there! Your layouts look amazing, Deb :-) I'd so love to attend a crop like this! I've just been reading Denise's account of her class and felt very proud of my blogfriend :-)

eclectic keepsake said...

So glad you had a good day Deb. We love having you there as much as you love coming. Super pages - I only managed to get half of one done and 3/4 of Denise's class BUT as David is out all day and I had the choice of a)printing out the year end accounts or
b) finishing off my pages that I started yesterday

Guess which one I chose to do this morning - hee hee hee xxx

Anonymous said...

Opps commented as my alter ego!

Denise said...

I didn't get chance to look at your two lovely layouts you did as I was-er a bit pre occupied.(Never known me so quiet!) Both beautiful pages and thank you for bringing and sharing Tom x x x

Amy said...

Deb you are so lucky to be able to attend these crops - they sound as though they are very well run and a LOT of fun! Love your pages by the way :-)

Cheri said...

awesome layouts Deb - sounds like the crop was a lot of fun!