Sunday 16 January 2011

Misunderstanding?

On a Monday evening I attend a Rosemary Conley Slimming Club.  I was never hugely overweight, but needed to lose about 10 lbs a couple of years ago and even though I soon hit my target weight I keep going to the classes to keep me on the straight and narrow.  Plus I enjoy the exercise class afterwards, dancing around to cheesy 70s disco music is right up my street!  We are sent a motivational email every month and when January's arrived, it finished with this cartoon
Now I don't know about you, but I read this as meaning that it is ok to eat donuts!  Somehow I don't think it's what she meant though.
Anyway, how is a girl to stay on the straight and narrow when Carrie and her mum Deb are posting recipes for the best chocolate cook cookie ever?  I mean, I see this as necessary market research - I really NEEDED to find out if their recipe is a good one.  It took a bit of research on the internet to find conversion charts of cups to grams and Farenheit to Celcius but I gave it a whirl and have to say that ...

They are exceptionally fine cookies!

7 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

:o) See? We told you they are the best! Maybe now you'll believe everything we say. Oh the power this gives us...

I'm so glad you gave it a try. I love the comic you posted, and the photo of your lovely slender self eating a cookie. You are so cute! xo

Marti said...

I've eaten my share of donut holes in my life but I've yet to eat one of those cookies! Being the mother/grandmother of Deb and Carrie, you would think I'd have been the recipient of at least one!

Cute post and I totally agree with Deb regarding your "cute little slender self"!

Denise said...

Well,I think considering you have been poorly and not eating as much as normal then you deserve a cookie!Nice photo xx

Maria Ontiveros said...

Recipes can be fattening, can't they! My blog friend Maria just posted a posole recipe that I'm dying to try.
Rinda

Scrappi Sandi said...

Love it!! Non fattening centres?!! LOL!!

Unknown said...

So glad to see that you tried the cookies - and even more happy to see that you liked them! :)

humel said...

Mmmmm! Doughnuts..... Cookies.......