Sunday 23 January 2011

Inspired

Part of the 'Pass the book' project organised by Sian is for the receiver of the book to post something that they have been inspired to do while reading it.
Now I'm not much of a poet - although I do like to read poetry.  My daughter once asked me to help her analyse a poem she was having trouble with as part of her GCSE English Literature, and it touched me so much that I couldn't discuss it with her without crying.  "That's the last time I ask for your help" were the words she muttered as she flounced back upstairs with it.
But in the spirit of Pass the book, I shall take a deep breath and share this with you.  The words are inspired by this photo that I used in a page layout at the beginning of 2010 and is a photo of me, my daughter, my sister, my niece and my nephew's wife.
Five family females
Individuals yet the same
Mothers, daughters, sisters all
We share so much
Branches of our family tree
Rooted in history and shared experiences

{Unbeknown to us there was a sixth family female in this photo!  Little baby Sophie was hidden away in my niece and we wouldn't know that there was a little girl in there until she was born 5 months later!}

I have to say that I am really enjoying the book that has been passed to me.  Inner Excavation by Liz Lamoreux.  Explore your self through photography, poetry and mixed media.  It is full of new ideas and inspiration and it is really making me think outside of how I normally work. 

Good choice Sian!  This one will be hard to pass on .....

7 comments:

humel said...

Oh, how lovely, Deb! And the little secret 'extra' female hidden in the photo is a beautiful detail :-)

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Ah, I love this, Deb. Very sweet poem, and so great that there was a little girl hiding amongst you all. xo

Anonymous said...

Lovely poem Deb and how exciting about the new, yet undisclosed, baby.

Denise said...

lovely sentiment, and lovely photo too. Glad you are enjoying the book too xx

Cheri said...

I can see why the passage struck you - lovely! And although the book might be hard to pass on, I'll be waiting eagerly for my turn! It actually showed up in my "recommended" list from Amazon this week and I was so tempted to just buy it!

Scrappi Sandi said...

Such a lovely piece of verse...great photo & LO too! The book sounds amazing...can't wait till it's time to pass it on again, I may be in with a chance!!!

Sian said...

I am very glad to hear you are enjoying it :) Lovely photo too.