Saturday 8 January 2011

Black (& white) and blue

Well today has not been quite the day I had planned.  I am supposed to be in the middle of the 10 hour crop extravaganza that was rescheduled after the snow in December but instead I am sitting at home feeling sorry for myself, sneezing and coughing and popping cold and flu capsules on a four hourly basis.  Stupid germs.
So instead, I will post the second of  my black and white pictures and with a nod to my intention to 'Learn' more new things, I am posting this:
My sister gave me these little tea light holders, all in slightly different shades of blue.  They look so pretty when lit (although not so easy to photograph!)
I love the idea of having a photo in black and white but picking out one coloured element to keep in the picture.  So I downloaded an app onto my iphone (how on earth did I manage without that phone?) where you take a photo, it automatically changes it to black and white and then you zoom in and pick out the bits that you want to restore to the original colour.  Clever - huh?  I thought I would experiment on something that was a reasonable size to work on but intend to try this on a smaller element within a black and white print. 
So that's me done, must be time for another nap.  Hope you kept a safe distance away while reading this, I'd hate to spread these germs around blogland.
Happy Saturday! 


10 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

So sorry you're missing the crop....hope you soon feel better.

alexa said...

Hope you'll be feeling better soon... As someone who does not have an iphone, this looks pretty skillful to me!

Cheri said...

It sucks that you have to miss the crop! This shot looks great - this is easy to do in Photoshop as well.

By the way, my daughter is now in your world! Landed safely and found out her flat is even smaller than she could have imagined.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Boo for nasty colds! Carrie is finally over hers and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I successfully avoided her germs! I hope you feel better soon!!!

The photo of your tea light holders is clever! xo

Sian said...

You really shouldn'y have told me that - you know that means I'm going to have to send the doctor round..

Hope you feel a lot better soon - sorry you are missing your crop

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb - we really, really missed you yesterday and hope you feel much better soon. Hey - get you with the funky photos! xxx

Denise said...

We missed you yesterday - hope the kit made up for it a bit - hope you are feeling a bit better xx

Coley said...

Hi Deb

I really hope you are feeling better now - we missed you x

humel said...

Poor you - those pesky, horrible germs :-( I hope you've shaken it off properly now xx

The tealight holders look soooo pretty, that's a lovely shot :-)

humel said...

Poor you - those pesky, horrible germs :-( I hope you've shaken it off properly now xx

The tealight holders look soooo pretty, that's a lovely shot :-)