Tuesday 28 September 2010

Will he be a patient patient?

It's been a funny old day. Started at 7.30am with a trek to hospital with my husband for him to be admitted to have an operation on his shoulder. He hadn't really asked many questions when he went to get the results of his MRI scan, I think he'd been in shock at the words 'key hole surgery' when he was expecting 'pain killing injections'. He'd been even more surprised to hear the appointment date was within 2 weeks. He'd told the people at work that he'd probably be back in the office within 2 days. He gave me 'that' look (you know the one!) when I suggested it might be more like a week.
However, now he is home with stitches and slings and bruising and looks so sleepy and sore, I don't have the heart to say the immortal words - 'I told you so.'

10 comments:

Cheri said...

Wishing for a speedy recovery - for both your sakes!

Denise said...

Ahhhh bless him, hope he recovers quickly xxxx

Jennifer Grace said...

Oh dear, hope he feels better soon. xx

Rachel Brett said...

Hope he feels better soon Deb :)

Maria Ontiveros said...

Oh Deb, so sorry to hear it. I hope He feels better soon.
Rinda

Sian said...

Cor, that was a bit of a surprise I'm sure. I'm sending him all the best for a speedy recovery. And if that doesn't work I'll send you-know-who round.

Amy said...

Well, it is lucky he has such an attentive carer! I wish him well for a speedy recovery :-)

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Eeek! Not fun - for you or him! All the best for a speedy recovery for him, and patience for you! xo

Anonymous said...

Wishing him a very speedy recovery and how are you going to do any secret scrapping with him around?

humel said...

I hope that he's fully recovered by now, and wasn't a troublesome patient for you xx