Tuesday 13 July 2010

Sky

Well after weeks of unbroken sunshine, the day that Shimelle sets us the task of taking photos of the sky - we awake to cloud and drizzle. Typical! I was quite possibly the only person in town today, walking back to the car park and taking pictures of overcast skies. When I got home, I looked at what I had taken and was not impressed. The only way I could make it look half way decent was to make it black and white to get a bit of texture to the clouds. I suspect I may be re-visiting this prompt on a day where there may be a bit more blue to the sky!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Gemma* said...

only grey skies here too :( fingers crossed for blue skies soon so we can practice sky shots!

Rachel Brett said...

I had this problem too, typical British weather when we want to get our cameras out!

Your piccy is still good though, I like the layered look of the clouds.

humel said...

Lots of us will be doing the same, I think!

Disappointed that you didn't lie on any pavements to get your photos though - or did you???

Maria Ontiveros said...

I think the black & white is a brilliant idea! I did the prompt in the am when it was dreary and then again in the afternoon when the sun peeked out. Learned tons and will have a long blog post on Thursday.
Rinda

scrappyjacky said...

Shimelle has obviously put a hex on the weather....ours has gone from North African back to typical British in 24 hours!!

Sian said...

Really, really wet here too. And there I was thinking that if I took a good sky picture I could use it as a new header.

Cheri said...

I have a feeling a LOT of us experienced this - just bad timing for that prompt.