Tuesday 27 July 2010

Pack up your trunk

When I saw the prompt for using several photos on a page I knew exactly which sequence of photos I wanted to use. This goes back to when the Elephant parade was going around London and I asked my husband to go and take some photos of them when they were on show around Tower Bridge.
I wanted to try making a grid effect of different patterned or coloured papers as well as the grid effect of the elephant photos. Sometimes I look at this and think it works and sometimes I think it really doesn't! But I guess that is what this class is all about, trying something you wouldn't normally try.
Maybe my opinion of the page is tainted by the mood I am in today. Can't put my finger on it but I've woken up feeling blah! The weather is horribly oppressive today, humid and it feels like we could be in for a storm later. I'm also in pre-holiday mode, clothes everywhere, lists appearing, stocking up the house for the kids to eat their way through while we are gone. Trying to leave it all neat and tidy despite knowing it will look like a war zone when we walk through the door on our return. Plus I am really missing my boy. He's been gone for a month now and he comes home late tomorrow. I can hardly wait to see him again and hear what he has been doing and where he has been.
Maybe a bit of a blog hop will cheer me up .....

7 comments:

Jennifer Grace said...

The page works really well, lovely and bright and interesting.

I hate that before a holiday you must do packing. It sucks! Hubby is no help whatsoever of course, he'd take nothing but t-shirts if it was left up to him! Oh well, it's all worth it in the end! x

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Well I think your page is lovely. I really like all the bright colors you used!

Here's hoping your mood picks up! I'm sure it will once your boy is home.

And BTW, I always love how you set up your photo shots for your layouts. The little white owl in this one is so cute.

humel said...

Hope you're feeling better now xx

The layout is lovely, I saw it on the forum and it made me smile :-)

So exciting that your boy will soon be home! xx

Maria Ontiveros said...

Lovely layout! I think the sanded, stonewashed feel of the papers supports the colorful elephants without dominating the elephants.
Rinda

Denise said...

Hope a blog hop helped, not long now till the boy is home - great layoutx

Scrappi Sandi said...

Hang in there, he'll be home for a hug soon!!! I saw your Lo in the forum & I think it all works really well....I love the title font too. Keep smiling!! :)

Rachel Brett said...

I like the stickers you have used for your title, it all works really well together.

Not long now and he will be home x