Thursday 6 May 2010

A productive day

There are times when I realise that working part time has huge benefits, and Wednesday was one of them! I managed to get the majority of my album finished although I do need to add journalling to a few pages. I hate my scruffy handwriting so try to avoid journalling but I can see why Shimelle added journalling to some of the pages and I need to be brave and add some here and there!

The Cyprus page involved us turning 4 small black and white pictures into a kind of film strip and I found these photos from our last 'whole family' holiday to Cyprus back in 2007. We had been experimenting with the cocktail menu in the hotel bar after dinner one evening and the photos capture the silliness! I liked this idea of mixing two contrasting colours for a double page layout, something I would not have thought of doing myself.
It was purely by chance that the colours of the paper for my Barbados pages worked absolutely perfectly. The smaller photos show the view of the sunset from our hotel room and also a brightly painted house that was just down the road from us in Hole Town. The orange and the pink with blue highlights pick up every colour in that house and I couldn't have planned it better! This was supposed to be our last 'whole family' holiday in 2004 - which is why we chose a more exotic destination. It certainly was an amazing place and fully deserves inclusion in this album of special family memories.
Still a couple of finishing touches to make to the last few pages. Do I really have to go to work today? :-(

4 comments:

Sian said...

Definitely try to use your own handwriting! That's what I tell everybody because I only own one little sample of my dad's writing and that's it. Someone will want to see it someday.

Barbados looks fabulous.

Jennifer Grace said...

The pages look great, I love the colours on the Barbados page. Looks like it will be a lovely stylish album!

I agree you should use your handwriting on your pages, and whilst some of it should be your usual style, you could try out some different handwriting styles too - you can get a book called 'The scrapbooker's handwriting workshop' by Crystal Jeffrey Rieger to give you some tips!

Maria Ontiveros said...

The pages look great!! I love the framework of the Cyprus one.
Rinda

humel said...

I love working part-time :-) I also hate my handwriting, but I've been using it more on my layouts because I think it is important - and it's quicker than trying to stamp or computer generate the whole thing! I find that if I write small it looks better - eg, around the edge of a photo as a kind of border. And as Shimelle says, find the right pen for you. In my case it's a basic biro!! For some reason my writing looks better in biro than with an expensive, beautiful journaling pen!!

PS The pages are fab xx