Saturday 1 May 2010

Busy day, and ready for a House Party night!

I am happy to report that I returned from today's mega crop with all bodily parts intact! I did note that I was seated at a table next to another table which had a first aid kit prominently displayed on it but I'm sure that was just coincidence.
We ended up making a whole album - yes A WHOLE ALBUM! I love the page size of 8 x 11 1/2 and will use that again for sure. Shimelle (yes, really, Shimelle was our teacher for the day!) got us to get all pages up to 'stage one' basic layout and will then be emailing us suggestions for adding extras. It was such good fun and I will try not to bore you with pictures of all the finished pages in the days to come. I would never have thought to combine the colours and patterns that we used but I am thrilled with how it all looks, even at 'only' stage one.
So anyway I am back now, and just have time to get myself ready for the house party at Rinda's. Apparently the Margaritas are mixed and the music is ready so put your best party outfit on, slap on some make up and make sure you check back later to join in the fun!

6 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Congrats on finishing your album! I really wish I could meet Shimelle in real life - she seems such a creative force!
Rinda

Rachel Brett said...

Glad you had a good day and didn't the assistance of the first aid kit! Can't wait to see what you did :)

Scrappi Sandi said...

Shimelle is so sweet isn't she...I've never done an 'in person' class with her, but I have met her IRL a couple of times. So glad to hear you enjoyed tha day qithout injury!

Thank you for your lovely response to my last post...made me smile!!

Enjoy the house party!! x

Jennifer Grace said...

Please do show us some piccies of the layouts so far! Glad you had a good time, I'd love to attend an 'in person' class with shimelle as I love her online classes. Hope you have a good time tonight!

scrappyjacky said...

Glad you enjoyed the day...and came through it unscathed. Looking forward to the party.

Anonymous said...

So glad you enjoyed the crop class - Shimelle is just awesome! You are way ahead of me as I still have two pages to complete but I did think I would try to do an extra few to completely fill the album.

Just put on my slap and best dress and off to hop around the blog party.