Monday 26 April 2010

Skool dayz

I'm not so sure that this idea about using photos of Young Debs is a good idea for my Shimelle crop. Now I've checked the evidence it would seem that my memory of a young hip chick doesn't quite match up to the photographs in my albums. Some of the clothes, some of the colour combinations .... oh the shame. Yellow seersucker wide legged trousers (were they called Oxford Bags?) worn with a rather gorgeous black velvet wide lapelled fitted jacket with diamante badges on it. Blue and white striped dungarees - what was I thinking? So there will be no pictures of me in the era that taste forgot, it's no good you all thinking you can have a good laugh at my expense! How did I walk in those platform clogs? The only time in my life I have measured more than 5' 1". The Dr Scholl wooden sandals - I still have the scars on my ankles from accidentally kicking myself whilst walking to school. Two tone trevira suits and Ben Sherman check shirts - classy! The feather cut hair was a bit groovy too, really short on top and then long wispy bits way past shoulder length.
Nope, this is all for me to know about and the rest of you to imagine!

8 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Oh, come on, Deb, I bet you rocked those clothes! It's all about attitude!
Rinda

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Don't tease us and then withhold the pictures! Now I REALLY want to see them. I'm sure I could drag out some old ones that look very similar to yours! ;o)

scrappyjacky said...

You've just got to show us now,Deb....and I'm sure we've got ones just as bad.....and we all thought we looked wonderful!!!

Sian said...

I'm really letting my imagination wander now..Great post!

Rachel Brett said...

Lol, I think we all have pics like that. Can we have just a little look - please?

Amy said...

Even though you have created a wonderful mind picture .... do you really think we would let you get away without sharing visual evidence? You just can't tease us like that ;-)

humel said...

Go on, please share!! We should have a special blog hop where we all share an embarrassing photo of ourselves...

Scrappi Sandi said...

Oh I can soooo identify...Oxford bags & platform shoes!!...& did you have a Crombie?!! & Tank Tops that we knitted ourselves & thought were the bees knees?!!! But all I'll say is...I'll show you mine if you show me yours!!! LOL!!!