Friday 26 February 2010

Cake!


Thought I would snap a photo of the cake before my son arrived home! There's something about a freshly baked cake, sandwiched together with some lovely seedless raspberry jam with a swirl of vanilla butter cream on top .... let me just assure you, it looks nothing like this now!

It's so good to have him home, it was lovely to wake up this morning and have the whole family under the same roof. So this is just a quick post, because I've finished work now and we are heading into town - I knew this visit would cost me money! But you know how us mums like to know they have plenty of food and warm clothes, no matter how old they are. This is a well timed visit as well as it is his 20th birthday on Friday and I hate knowing we won't see him on his birthday :-( Got to go and grab as much mum and son time as I can!

9 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Enjoy your boy. I love having a son.
Rinda

Jane said...

Lovely cake - enjoy having your Son home!! One more year and my Son leaves for college too :(

scrappyjacky said...

The cake looks delicious...have a great time together.

Sian said...

Sons are wonderful! We are having the opposite kind of weekend ..for the first time in 15 years both of our kids are away on the same night on school trips and we are going out for a meal on our own :) Have a lovely shopping trip.

Scrappi Sandi said...

Have a fab time with your son...enjoy! That cake looks so scrummy too!!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

:o) Smart idea snapping a photo of the cake while you could. It looks delicious! Enjoy your time with your boy this weekend!

humel said...

Yum! I made chocolate cake on Thursday, there's one sad and lonely slice remaining lol... Have a lovely time together x

Rachel Brett said...

Have a great time Deb, your cake looks very yummy.

Amy said...

Have a great time Deb!