Thursday 14 January 2010

Missing days

I haven't done a blog post since Monday and here we are at Thursday evening.
You may be forgiven for thinking that after my confessional on Monday about the absolute pure naughtiness of overindulging over Christmas, Rosemary Conley herself had descended on the class and taken me to the equivalent of dieting jail until I lose those pounds.
Or maybe the government had decided that having been given 3 snow days last week, all school secretaries should be locked in the schools overnight to clear their work and make up the lost hours. (Shhh don't give them ideas)
Maybe I had been whisked away to some exotic location by a loving husband, some magnificent 5* luxury spa resort in a hot foreign climate.
Nothing so exciting I am afraid.
Yes, I had put on weight but only 2 lb and that will soon go providing I stay on the straight and narrow for a couple of weeks.
Yes, I have had a fair bit of work to catch up on, but I've nearly made up for the lost work time.
Yes, my husband did take me away from home yesterday, but it was only to Sheffield to take our son back to university.
To be honest, I haven't had any scrapping to showcase, nor any exciting tales to tell and I was just plain tired after a 300 mile round trip within 7 hours last night.
So anyway, Shimelle has asked 'why do we scrapbook'. Well for me it is to make something pretty out of the masses of photos we have stored on our computer. OK, it's easy to take loads and to have them stored, but there is nothing quite like picking up an album and flicking through. It's a way of documenting important moments in our lives and archiving what we were doing at any point of time. I have so many photos that my parents had kept and many of them are of people I don't remember and places I don't recall. My scrapbooks will help my kids and their kids know a little more about me, how I was feeling, the people that were important to me and the occasions I celebrated. And not just me, my whole family. They are a little part of my history. Oh, and they are a good excuse to lock myself away in the study for a while and lose myself in creating something.

6 comments:

Jane said...

Wonderful reasons to scrapbook :)

2lbs isn't bad at all I think :) I think I gained 2lb on each major body part....sigh....

Amy said...

Busy week Deb!
Love your reasons to scrap :-)

scrappyjacky said...

Love your reasons to scrap....very similar to mine.

Sian said...

That's a busy week alright. I can relate to all your scrapbooking reasons..I like to record and keep things but I also just plain love to create (like those little white flowers I cut from a sheet of Pink Paislee paper)

humel said...

Glad you're OK :-) And love your answer to the Why You Scrap question! x

Maria Ontiveros said...

Deb,
I think the reasons you scrap are the closest I've seen posted to mine. It's a nice get-away and it's so nice to get the photos out of the computer and onto paper. Thanks for sharing!
Rinda