Tuesday 3 November 2009

Proud Parents

Almost exactly a year ago, our daughter graduated from University. It was an amazing day and we were both so proud to see her walk across that stage in her cap and gown. The University Chancellor Professor who was overseeing the gradation ceremony was Robert Winston who we know through his television programmes like Child of our Time and expertise in Fertility Science. His speech was absolutely amazing, funny and interesting and inspiring to the graduates.
We have so many happy memories of that day, it was lovely to see our little girl in her ceremonial robes. The end of a 4 year course that had been eventful in many ways. I have already scrapped a page regarding her graduation but there are so many stories behind that page that can only be fully appreciated by her family and closest friends. Strangers watching her walk across that stage would never know the problems that she had faced and overcome. So this picture brings so many emotions to the fore.


4 comments:

Polly said...

What a great memory - I believe I refused to go to my own graduation in a overgrown teenage tantrum. Can't actually remeber why now so feel a bit guilty for depriving my mum after reading this!

Loving the idea of the sloe gin btw - my favourite Christmas treat.

Barbara said...

Perfect example of Shimelles lesson. Interesting without divulging personal details.

Amy said...

What a thrill to have Robert Winston at the ceremony - I love his programs.

Liberty :) said...

I like what you did here. It makes me want to know more about what she has overcome and faced. The picture tells the story without showing the face and you have so many more memories "in your head" that we don't need to know. Perfect. I'd give it a Shimelle Class Grade A