Thursday 29 October 2009

Italian pages

I've decided to use my half term off and the newly found enthusiasm for my blog to actually get around to scrapping some pages from my holiday in Italy this summer. We chose Lake Maggiore which is close to Milan as it seemed quieter than some of the other lakes and very picturesque with the Borromean Islands a quick ferry ride across from Stresa. It was SO very beautiful there.

The first page is the view from our hotel - stunning from sun rise to sun set. The 2nd page is looking across from our hotel balcony towards the mountains. This was an old palatial building that was empty but the signs of it's former grandeur were still very much in evidence. I loved the 'shabby chic' of this building and it's character was so very Italian.

Oh to be back there now .....



4 comments:

Jen said...

Beautiful pages - I fell in love with Italy's "faded grandeur" when I went to Sorrento a couple of years ago - and you have inspired me to scrap some of my puics too!

Linda said...

Nice pages! Looks like a great place for a holiday (from Shimelles's class)

Sian said...

Love that hair colour! Just dropping by to say hello from Shimelle's class

Amy said...

I'd love to go to Italy one day - it is so far away from Australia, we certainly are isolated here!