Monday 20 April 2009

Survived

And the award for the best performing actress for her part in hosting a 60th wedding anniversary celebration lunch whilst fighting pain, deafness and tinnitus is .....(drum roll) ... me.
I'm not quite sure how I got through the day, but everyone seemed to have a good time, there was more than enough food and I have just two words to say. Never. Again. Which is what I am sure I said after we had their 80th birthday celebrations, but I mean it this time!
My treat for going through all that was a crop day at Welwyn Garden City, hosted by Sue at Crafty Stash and these are the pages we made.
This is so much out of my normal style, but you know what? I love it. My first thought was that they were a bit cluttered but the more I look at them the more I like them. I like the fact that there is stitching on them too and quite a bit of layering and texture. I'm learning a lot!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They are lovely! Very brightly coloured, and fun :)
Well done you on the hosting. Tinnitus is not a happy pal to have at a party...