Monday 23 March 2009

Perfect Day

I had the most amazing Mother's Day yesterday. My daughter had planned a whole day of lovely things for us to do together. From making me breakfast, to a beautiful walk in the sunshine up to the church and around the lake, doing some scrapbooking together (I think I have a convert!), delicious lunch, tickets to see Marley and Me at the cinema, and then she cooked a delicious dinner and made the most amazing lemon curd cake (I LOVE lemon flavoured desserts!). She had also bought me a beautiful Thomas Sabo bracelet with a silver heart charm on it which she had had engraved with our initials and she had also had the same charm made for her own bracelet. So thoughtful and so very much appreciated. I am such a lucky mum.
Our scrapping morning meant that I have now done the pages for short trips layouts of HTE.

Southwold is about an hour and three quarters away from us and is such a traditional, old fashioned British seaside town. So pretty and quaint. We went at the end of Summer last year (Paul was on crutches at the time following a badminton related incident)
Cornwall is not so close in distance, but we flew from Stansted which took less than an hour so I hope that fits the 'close to home' category! We picked up a car at Newquay and travelled around the south coast, such a beautiful part of the country.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Wow- what a lovely day and very well deserved!
Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog and so glad we have another convert !! xxx

Unknown said...

Can't believe how much you've posted since I last checked. You busy blogger you! Well done on the prize, and you're never falling behind on a class, you're taking it at your own pace ;)
PS I hope my DD grows up to be as lovely as your daughter sounds!