Sunday 8 February 2009

Travelling

After weeks of investigating and negotiating, we have finally found somewhere to spend a week at Easter! Had to be somewhere hopefully warmer than here, flying out from Stansted on either a Saturday or Sunday and preferably somewhere we hadn't been before. We ended up with a choice of Gran Canaria or Tunisia and we have chosen Tunisia. It's not somewhere I have ever considered going to in the past but the more I read about it, the more it appealed. Also we've been to three of the other Canary Islands and I am sure that GC is not much different to the others. But Tunisia will be very different!
Paul would be happy to just read a brochure and listen to a travel agent, but investigation for me revolves round Googling the hotels, and then going on Tripadvisor, Holiday watchdog.com and Holidays uncovered to read what holidaymakers have said on their return. If I can find positive comments on all three, I feel safe to make a booking! Is this just me - or is it a female v male perspective?
Anyway, the hotel looks fab, the beach looks fab, and internet site comments say the food is good so I have my fingers firmly crossed! However, I really do think my wardrobe needs an update, I don't seem to have anything suitable to wear ... ;-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

SHOP TIME :)

Denise said...

...and now you will have to take lots of photos for Shimelle's new class ! xx