Thursday 15 January 2009

Packing

When our son came back from uni for the Christmas break, four weeks at home seemed such a long time. However, it's now only 2 days before he goes back and now it seems like he hasn't been home for any time at all. Although in fairness, we haven't seen much of him!
I've been quite busy stocking up the freezer with his favourite home made meals like lasagne and beef casserole so at least I can know he will have a few nourishing meals in amongst the takeaways and pot-noodles that he probably lives on up there.
Last time we went up there to drop him off I didn't get round to taking photos as it was an emotional day and we were all trying to keep busy and cheerful but this time I am hoping to take some photos to turn into a page layout. Whilst Sheffield City isn't that photogenic, the surrounding countryside is lovely and where he lives is at the top of a hill and has some good views.
So instead of resting and recovering from my injuries from yesterday, today has been a day of getting up to date with washing and drying and ironing (all of my least favourite jobs) and making sure everything is ready to pack to take back. I'm not looking forward to the long journey home after we've dropped him off, it always seems twice as long coming home on our own. Tough being a parent eh?

No comments: