Wednesday 3 September 2008

Sept 1st

First day of 'learn something new every day'!
September 1st was a pretty normal day which meant it wasn't immediately obvious what I would do. However, I did find myself baking at 7am which is not the normal time for a baking session for me! A friend of mine who lives by the station had been on holiday and had let my daughter park on her drive while they were away which saved her £6 a day in parking charges at the car park. I wanted to let her know how much we appreciated it, and suddenly had the thought that it might be nice to leave a bag of goodies as surprise. I was sure that after a lovely relaxing holiday she didn't want to have to go to the supermarket as soon as she got in so I decided to bake her a loaf of bread and a dozen scones to leave with some milk and a local newspaper. That way she could have a cup of coffee, catch up on the news and have something to eat before she got back to reality of stocking up the cupboards for a family of 4 kids!
So this is my thing I learnt - You don't have to use words to say Thank You - a batch of baking will do it just as well!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Wish we were neighbours ! x