Sunday 14 September 2008

Alarming!

My friend and I both had burglar alarms installed at similar times and as we both hold emergency keys to each other's houses, we obviously also needed to know the access codes to turn off the alarm should it be activated while we were away. In order to make it easy to remember, we allocated the same number to each other so I could never forget hers, and she could never forget mine. However, what she did forget was ... 15 years later when the number '2' button on her keypad stopped working, she would have to alter her numbers and she really ought to have let me know. As when she was on holiday this weekend in Bulgaria and her alarm went off, I confidently went over with my key ... typed in my number ... and the alarms kept ringing! Thank goodness for mobile phones and thank goodness she had hers switched on near her sunlounger many many miles away in Bulgaria!

No comments: