Friday 22 August 2008

wrapping not scrapping

And my excuse for not doing that final page layout today is ... I have been busy getting ready for my daughter's birthday on Sunday. We hold birthdays as very special in our house and there still have to be surprises and routines to be followed even though the 'kids' are 22 and 18! When my mum was alive she always used to give little hints as to what was inside the present on the gift tags, not enough to give away what was inside but you had to stop, think and guess before you opened the present. Mum's imagination often meant that we were in tears of laughter after opening the gift as the clue was so cryptic it didn't seem to match the gift. Even though my mum died 10 years ago, I still carry on this family tradition and so wrapping presents seems to take so long, but it's good fun and I know she would be laughing alongside if she could see how devious my imagination has become!
I am still aiming to finish My Freedom by the end of next week .... honest!

1 comment:

Denise said...

I hope she has a lovely day and am intrigued to know what some of those 'clues' are, and how glad am I that you haven't quite finished My Freedom yet - tee hee ! xxxx