Thursday 7 August 2008

Prompt 18

I wonder how many other 'ladies of a certain age' think back to their teenage years and remember buying 'Jackie' magazine? My friends and I all bought Jackie and we all loved the articles they published, true life stories, questionnaires to find out 'does he really fancy me?', the problem pages, and most of all - the pages that told us the real details (favourite colour, favourite animal etc!) of the gorgeous pop stars that we all idolised. For me that was David Cassidy. It seemed like you were either a 'Donny-girl' or a 'David-girl' and for me it was always David. I fell in love with him in The Partridge Family and listened to his singles over, and over, and over again. Learnt them word perfect with the help of Smash Hits magazine! The highlight of the Jackie years was a series of double page pictures that they printed over the course of 3 weeks that, when all put together, formed a life size poster of David. I could hardly wait for the 3rd week to arrive! It took pride of place on the wall of my bedroom which was already covered in pictures of him. Seeing pictures of him now, I have to reluctantly admit that Donny has aged better, but looking at photos of him back then, I know that if I could turn back time, he would still be my number one!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I remember Jackie, I loved it!

Denise said...

Yep, I'm there - loved 'Jackie' mag - and Popswap ! x